1. This Policy sets out the manner in which Hymax SA (Pty) Ltd (“Hymax”) handles personal information submitted by or collected from users whilst visiting the Hymax website(s).
“personal information” is as defined in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”).
“the website” or “this website” refers to any part of the Hymax website (http://www.hymax.co.za and related pages)
“user” means any person accessing any part of the website.
Collection of personal data
3. Hymax collects only what is necessary and uses it only for the purpose for which it is required.
5. If Hymax does not need it anymore, any personal information held will be deleted.
6. Hymax neither stores nor retains any credit card information.
7. When the user sends personally identifying information to Hymax in an email, Hymax will use the information so provides only to gather the information the user might request.
8. In an effort to respond to the user’s request, information submitted may be viewed by various people within Hymax.
9. Once received, the information to such email is protected in accordance with this Policy.
Collection of anonymous data
10. In order to provide the best possible and most relevant service, Hymax may use standard technology to collect information about the use of the website. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows this website to collect statistics.
11.1 The Internet protocol (IP) address from which the user accesses the Hymax website. An IP address is the unique number that is automatically assigned to the computer the user is using whenever surfing the web;
11.2 The type of browser (such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla) and operating system (such as Windows Vista or MacOS) used to access the website;
11.3 The date and time when the website is accessed, for the purpose of traffic and statistical monitoring and/or
11.4 The pages visited by the user, for the purpose of improving the usefulness of the website by providing helpful links and removing pages that are not read.
12. If the user does not wish cookies to be employed, it is possible to alter the manner in which the chosen browser handles cookies. Please note that if this is done, certain services on this website may not be available.
Access to personal data
13. If a user believes that their personal data which Hymax may have is outdated or incorrect, they may ask Hymax to correct such information by using the Hymax contact page. It is requested that all the information needed to make the correction is provided.
14. A user can also request access to any relevant personal data held by the website owner as laid out in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (“PROATIA”), and where such access is necessary for the user to exercise and/or protect any of their rights. It will probably be simpler for the user to just send Hymax an email asking for the information needed.
Links to other websites
16. While reasonable measures are taken to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to this website, Hymax may not be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by a user as a result of the intentional or accidental release of information by an employee of the website owner or any third party.
17. Users and/or subscribers are prohibited from releasing their username and/or password to any other person.
18. This is a child-friendly website. Hymax takes the privacy and well-being of children when they are online very seriously.
Last updated: 27 November 2013